UI Business AnalystReference ID137616BR_EN Updated02/04/2020 Employment TypeFull Time Experience levelExperienced Professionals
CountryMalaysia City/StateCyberjaya-Wisma Shell Work LocationCyberjaya-Wisma Shell
The Business Analyst will be part of the Finance Operations (FO) Reporting &Analysis (R&A) team. R&A employs some 25% of the total staff of FO. The core purpose of R&A is to provide a top quartile (effectiveness and efficiency) team to drive an agenda of financial accounting, reporting and analysis that delivers the majority of relevant external (Group and Corporate) and internal reporting for Shell Group.
Shell’s global Upstream business manages the exploration and production of oil and gas from conventional, shale and deep water sources while Integrated Gas & New Energies is at the heart of delivering Shell’s purpose to power progress together by providing more and cleaner energy solutions to the world. This role will be part of the overall Upstream, Integrated Gas & New Energies and is a very attractive finance role with great exposure to the business working closely with the Business Finance Managers and or Finance Advisors with a lot of opportunity to have an impact on the performance of the business.
The Business Analyst will be key in provide reliable financial information, data analytics and business insights, working collaboratively as an equal to influence the value drivers for the business and to support decision making. As such, the role holder needs to have strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence senior Business and Finance professionals across the organization.
a) Business Performance Management:
- Driving the delivery of accounting, analytical analysis and reporting of financial results for a specific business focus in accordance to accounting standard guideline. A keen eye for detail and being able to articulate the business needs will be essential skills. Provide insight to the Management team in monthly reporting of key variances.
- Provides first level analysis & supporting the business needs and queries from the Business Partners (Finance/ JV partners/ SBO Finance Operation stakeholders)
- Providing support and insights on Planning, target setting & budgeting/latest estimate activities
- Initiate and drive cross-Business improvements with bottom line impact
Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment and work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of business objectives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are either met or exceeded - with focus on Top Quartile performances and continuous improvement
- Robust Controls framework through driving high control awareness within the team together with strong emphasis on effective control operation at every execution.
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviours
b) Stakeholder Management:
- Multiple stakeholders, Business and Finance on a largely virtual basis
- Internal FO cross processes accountability of influencing and managing end to end closing and reporting deliverable needs & operational effectiveness.
- Collaboration with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Group Reporting & Business Performance Reporting linkages and deliverables.
- Manage Internal Audit, External Audit, JV audit requirements and support financial controls audit.
c) Project Management:
- Delivers assigned migration activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources. - Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives
d) Process Improvements:
- Promote continuous improvement environment by recommending alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost-effective manner while achieving the business objective.
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes & ERP, effectiveness and efficiency
- Have an eye for digitalization and recommend new ways to be more cost-effective
- Require strong analytical & communication skills and Business Partnering skills to quickly grasp an understanding of the business drivers.
- Experience of understanding the ERP systems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Good communication skills with the proven ability to effectively challenge senior management
- Pro-active approach and the ability to identify and support resolving First Time right issues (e.g.: accounting & reporting issues, data issues) in a dynamic environment
Company DescriptionShell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MalaysiaCyberjaya-Wisma ShellCyberjaya-Wisma Shell