UI Business AnalystReference ID137624BR_EN Updated02/04/2020 Employment TypeFull Time Experience levelExperienced Professionals
CountryMalaysia City/StateCyberjaya-Wisma Shell Work LocationCyberjaya-Wisma Shell
The Business Analyst will be a part of an impactful connected team, working with the Finance Manager and/or Finance Advisors in Australia, Business Interface Manager and senior business contacts to address scenarios and specific business challenges.
The Business Analyst will provide analysis to challenge the status quo, data analytics and business insights, working collaboratively as an equal to influence the value drivers for that business and to support decision making. The role holder will have strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence senior Business and Finance professionals across the organization.
The Business Analyst GPA will be aligned with the operational goals of the business they support, as well as the Finance Operations R&A goals. They will be an integral part of the appropriate Finance team to translate the Business agenda into the Finance Operations R&A context.
This role will have specific accountabilities to support Non Shell Operated Ventures (NOV), Shell Australia Proprietary Limited (SAPL). These include but are not limited to:
a) Key responsibilities:
- Provide business finance support to specific area assigned
- Support planning, target setting & budgeting/latest estimate activities
- Maintain a controlled environment, aimed at achieving business objectives, providing timely, fit for purpose, objective and transparent management and financial information
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment where you can work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of objectives
- Manage operational deliveries including developing and sustaining knowledge retention with effective back up plan in place
- First level analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from the Business, Finance Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders.
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are either met or exceeded - with focus on Top Quartile performances and continuous improvement
- Control ownership and maintenance of robust Controls framework through driving high control awareness within the team together with strong emphasis on effective control operation at every execution.
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviors.
c) Stakeholder Management:
- Multiple onshore stakeholders, Business and Finance on a largely virtual basis
- Internal FO cross processes accountability of influencing and managing end to end closing and reporting deliverable needs & operational effectiveness.
- Collaboration with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Group Reporting & BPR linkages and deliverables.
- Manage SIA (Internal Audit), External Audit, JV audit requirements and support financial controls audit.
d) Project Management:
- Delivers assigned migration activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
e) Process Improvements:
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist other team members in completing process reviews and redesign opportunities
- Promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost-effective manner while achieving the business objective.
- Experience of understanding the ERP systems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience of working in a virtual environment is required
- Good communication skills with the proven ability to effectively challenge senior management
- Pro-active approach and the ability to identify and support resolving First Time right issues (e.g.: accounting & reporting issues, data issues) in a dynamic environment
Company DescriptionShell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MalaysiaCyberjaya-Wisma ShellCyberjaya-Wisma Shell