Upstream Finance AnalystReference ID137638BR_EN Updated02/04/2020 Employment TypeFull Time Experience levelExperienced Professionals
CountryMalaysia City/StateCyberjaya-Wisma Shell Work LocationCyberjaya-Wisma Shell
Reporting & Analysis support
- Manage operational deliveries ensure accurate timely information into group accounting and reporting systems including developing and sustaining knowledge retention
- First level analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from the Business, Finance Onshore & multiple FO stakeholders
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are either met or exceeded - with focus on Top Quartile performances and continuous improvement
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Support planning, target setting & budgeting activities
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviors
- Internal FO cross processes accountability of influencing and managing end to end closing and reporting deliverable needs & operational effectiveness.
- Collaboration with technical experts in Controllers, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables
- Group Reporting & BPR linkages and deliverables
- Manage Internal Audit, External Audit, JV audit requirements and support as necessary
- Assist in improving the level and quality of information that is provided to the business and used internally for review and control
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment where you can work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of objectives
- Control operation and maintenance of robust Controls framework with strong emphasis on effective control operation at every execution
- Assisting with the process and all internal/external audit requests including those for JV partners and Production Sharing Contracts
- Responsible for planning own workload to meet stated deadlines and escalating issues as appropriate
- Identify accounting issues and propose solutions / escalate as necessary
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency
- Promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost-effective manner while achieving the business objective
Company DescriptionShell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MalaysiaCyberjaya-Wisma ShellCyberjaya-Wisma Shell