About Sony Music EntertainmentSony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
OverviewTrainees, while in each project, will be under the tutelage of one of our information systems and technology professionals, gaining hands-on exposure to the business side of the music industry and will be strongly considered for full time placement at the conclusion of the program.
The role provides essential background to various IS&T functions of Sony Music including: business analysis, project management, application life cycle support, and business process re-engineering and technology leadership. Further the role covers a wide range of areas including: Digital Asset Management and Archiving, Digital Supply Chain, and Consumer Analytics/Data Warehousing.
Location dependent on project. Will be based in either New York City or Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Please note: this program will begin in August 2020.
- Work with technology teams in an agile environment to define requirements and provide applications testing and documentation support
- Work closely with senior business analysts to define business problems and help conceptualize technology solutions
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on-shore and off-shore to fulfil IS&T service demands
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Conduct research on software and systems products
- Gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems thru utilization metrics and business process analysis
- Assist in documentation processes spanning user requirements, functional specifications, user manuals and operations, security, & business continuity compliance
- Liberal Arts degree preferred with demonstrable proficiency in calculus or statistics
- Coursework in programming a plus
- Experience or activities that illustrates a passion for using technology to elegantly solve business problems
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated passion for the industry
- Proven success through prior accomplishments
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and potential
- Exhibits entrepreneurial and business savvy mindset
- May 2020 grads encouraged
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.