Functional Area: SM - Sales & MarketingEstimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%Relocation Provided: NoAmerican General Life Insurance Company
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
- Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Claims department. Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG.Our specialized functions are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, we can mobilize experts from around the world to provide reliable, responsive claims service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION AT AIG
- As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, Illustrations, this position is responsible for supporting the project management, implementation, testing, and maintenance of product and non-product related initiatives supported through the Annexus Illustration System and access portal for Life & Retirement Annuities product line utilized by Sales and Financial Advisors through the Independent Marketing Orgranization distribution channel. The successful candidate must have an ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with departments such as: Product Management, Sales Distribution, Marketing, Information Technology, and the Legal department. This position will be responsible for responding and research illustration inquires. This position will be responsible for analysis of competitor illustrations, working with sales advisory teams to develop and suggest modifications and enhancements to the illustration. This position will assist in the process of updating and auditing the third party Annexus illustration tool. Also from time to times this position will be responsible for timely and cost-effective implementation of product, non-product, and broker/dealer related initiatives; supported through the Product Management Team
- Responsible for supporting Illustration initiatives beginning with the design phase (preliminary project plan) through the implementation phase (final project plan), which includes project requirements, issues, contingency plans, and deliverables
- Responsible for providing timely responses to sales organization’s questions and requests relating to our variable and index annuity products
- Manage the notification and review of updates for third party sales tools
- Review project plans, marketing materials, contract forms, and other supporting documents for each initiative
- Create, store and maintain electronic records for each initiative through the use of department Access database and network shared folders
- Overall project management requiring extensive project documentation (project requirements, issues, contingency plans, etc.) beginning with the design phase (preliminary project plan) through the implementation phase (final project plan) of each project
- Other tasks as necessary to ensure timely, accurate, and cost effective support and implementation of new initiatives or other projects supporting the sales and/or distribution of the company’s products.
- 2-7 years of product management, product development, distributor back/home office support, marketing or sales experience in the financial services industry
- BA/BS in business administration, marketing, finance or related field preferred
- Strong annuity industry knowledge and experience
- Excellent MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) skills, especially in Excel
- Analytical and problem solving skills – ability to understand impacts of simple to complex concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to visualize and/or contribute to the development of an idea or initiative (from concept and design to implementation)
- Exceptional organization and follow-up skills
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines
- Proven track record in completing assigned tasks on schedule
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change
- Results rather than task orientation
- Ability to quickly assess strengths/weaknesses and address potential issues
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.