Chesterfield, Missouri, US
St. Louis, MO
Area of Interest
Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why you'll love CiscoDo you want to change the world? We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent.
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more significant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
- You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected.
- You'll be part a team that authentically cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities.
- Come prepared to be supported and inspired.
In this role as a Technical Solutions Architect in the Network Transformation team, you will work with the Field Network Transformation - Product Sales Specialist organization to lead with Intent-Based Networking (IBN) solutions and craft logos in strategic accounts. You will evangelize the last and most advanced Enterprise Networking technologies and solutions to our Generalist sales team, partners, and strategic customers.
Execute on GTM motions using network transformation roadmaps, 4D demo, lab and PoC assets while empowering the systems engineering community (Cisco Systems Engineering and Partners) to deliver DNAC, Assurance, SDA, Programmability, Automation, ISE, SD-WAN, and Segmentation demo and PoC experiences at scale.
Technical professional with deep knowledge of Cisco products, solutions, technologies and related programs with a strong experience in the networking industry.
Demonstrates expertise of multiple architectures (i.e., Enterprise Networking primarily, Security, Collaboration, Data Center,) to support partner capability and investment consultation. Collaborates across Cisco team to execute Customer Experience (CX)
Who You’ll Work WithThis team is investing in building an elite Enterprise Networking – Network Transformation Team. We are seeking a Technical Solutions Architect.
The vision of the organization is to lead the customer network transformation journey with Intent-Based Networking (IBN) software, services and technology to grow re-occurring offers, accelerate consumption and protect Cisco’s core networking business.
Who You AreAs Cisco evolves into a software-centric company, our organization is adopting new approaches and methodologies for pre-sales and post-sales. We are focused on creating and enhancing our customers journey in digitization and network transformation by using our network infrastructure and software, aligned with customer security and compliance needs by ensuring that security is everywhere and part of the enterprise networking infrastructure fabric, creating an agile adoption with programmability and network automation.
You will concentrate on the more complex presales and upsell engineering motions while working with other groups such as services and customer success to ensure a coordinated sales effort across the land, accept, expand and renew lifecycle.
The Architect position for this organization will be focused long term on several areas:
- Technical excellence surrounding Intent-Based Networking (IBN), DNA, SDA, SD-WAN, Assurance, Secure Segmentation, Programmability & Automation and Wireless
- Lead with Network Transformation Roadmaps for customers, setting a multi-domain and multi-year vision and strategy
- Setting the pace for the next generation of Cisco demo and proof of concept (PoC) sales engagement motions and proper segment scale
- Partner with the EN PSS Team and Account Teams to accelerate DNA-C Solutions
- Providing leadership and advisory to the BE and Marketing as the voice of the customer
- Mentoring the field through shadowing engagements to execute on Test Drive and PoC delivery
Minimum requirements for this role are:
- You have 8+ years of validated Cisco expertise in technical disciplines with documented success such as Chairman's Club, Sales Champion, Published credits, etc.
- You exhibit a CCIE level of knowledge in routing, switching, and wireless technologies
- You have knowledge and experience in deploying and operating Campus networks, WANs, Segmentation solutions such as ISE, StealthWatch and TrustSec
- A deep understanding of Cisco’s SD-WAN solutions and Competitors
- You have past experience in post-sales environments in "real world" deployments of Cisco route, switch, wireless and security
- Strong knowledge and experience in Network Programmability and Automation
- Practical experience in deploying, designing and supporting wireless solutions
- Experienced in supporting Large Global Customers
- You possess strong presentation skills, written and verbal communications along with a consultative experience
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- CCIE R&S, Wireless or Security, desired
We Are Cisco#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.