Mexico City, Mexico
Area of Interest
The Business EntityAre you pre-wired to understand what customers want and what they need to deliver business outcomes quickly? Can you do this in an environment that handles 1.4 million calls per year -- in 17 languages -- from customers in 180 countries? Do you Achieve Results? Think Analytically? Handle Conflict and Customer Experience? Make Decisions with Critical Thinking? You may be a Cisco Customer Support Engineer… and we have the People Deal for you!
The TeamStrategically positioned within the Cisco Services Organization, Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is a team of best-in-class technical specialists whose primary focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Aligned to three geographic regions, and converging into one global, borderless TAC, we are the first to be confronted by challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. We provide high-energy support to our customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology expertise are second to none!
Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology, the TAC further specializes in:
- Data Center
… and other new technologies.
Role & ResponsibilitiesThe Customer Support Engineer is the connection to Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues, leading expectations, and leaving the customer feeling valued. The successful CSE:
- You will Continually develop their working knowledge of networking products and protocols to provide second/third level technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access in designated technology focus area
- Effectively utilizes databases of existing issues, debugging tools and simple or moderate lab simulations to analyze problems and determine solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- You will Share knowledge to build relationships, and effectively troubleshoots problems both alone and as part of a team.
- CCNA or equivalent level of proven networking knowledge or experience including TCP/IP and Routing Protocols
- You have Troubleshooting experience with Operating Systems such as Linux/RedHat, VMware, Microsoft
- You demonstrate Dedication and ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Innate crisis management skills to handle critical customer issues/problems
- You have experience interacting with customers/partners or in a client facing role.
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent; 1-3 years of meaningful experience
- Basic knowledge of products within: Routing, Switching, Virtualization, Networking, Containers, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- Programming skills (Python, Linux, Shell Scripting, C, C++, )
We Are Cisco#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.