Community Safety Co-ordinator (operations)Management Grouping: Place Communities & Infrastructure
Team: Community Safety ServicesLocation: Bexleyheath
Salary: £33,738 - £39,696Contract: Permanent – 36 hours
Closing Date: Monday 16th September 2019Job reference: PCI0000183
The Community Safety Services Team is located within Communities and Leisure Department. They have the responsibility of providing a multi agency approach to reduce crime and disorder across Bexley borough and coordinating the Community Safety Strategy and action plan. Community Safety brings together the relevant statutory Partners of the borough who have a responsibility for this work and this includes London Borough of Bexley, Metropolitan Police, National Probation Service, London Fire Brigade and Health along with other key local authority based services who come together to develop plans and strategies to reduce crime and disorder.
The Community Safety Services team also take the lead in a number of key community safety functions. These currently include, Monitoring and reducing Anti-Social behaviour, ensuring plans are in place in relation to the Prevent Agenda (Counter Terrorism and radicalisation) along with and Integrated Offender Management and Serious Violence.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Community Safety Co-Ordinator (Operations) within Community Safety Services. This post will assist in the delivery of our local plans and functions and the role will include:
- Leading the Community Safety Services Operational functions
- Delivering the serious violence strategy and leading the serious violence operational delivery including chairing multi agency panels and advising various agencies about the serious violence agenda
- Promoting good relationships between the Council, partner agencies, local residents and business communities.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience of working with vulnerable and challenging individuals. You will need to be an excellent communicator to build positive relationships with key partners/agencies and residents of all ages. You will also need experience in producing strategic plans and implementing them. The role is also responsible for managing staff and experience in management will be key.
Some evening and weekend attendance will be required.
What we offer
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- My Choice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
About us:Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The Council’s Strategic Planning and Growth Division, is a multi-disciplinary team dealing with development planning, infrastructure and transportation strategy and integrating these around new development opportunities.
- Closing Date for your application: Monday 16th September 2019
- Interview dates: W/C 30th September 2019
Please visit to find out more and apply.
CVs will only be accepted if submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers