FCA US LLC College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work on a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization. As a leading-edge company, we can provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization department based on the candidate’s background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and allow the intern to take responsibility for a major task. Interns experience sense of personal accomplishment and contribution, and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses. They also enhance their computer skills and learn new systems and software. Each 2020 intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions in various new hire programs.
Summer internships are primarily located at the FCA US Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit metropolitan area, and business centers located throughout the country. Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. During the internship, Interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed specifically to enhance their knowledge of FCA and our products.
The student selected for this opportunity will gain experience designing and developing business applications in support of the commercial functions in which FCA operates. A Junior Application Developer will assist in supporting the code of currently developed applications and will conduct testing and improvement plans. This role may include data exploration and creating data visualizations. Example projects could include assisting in creating a portal that will direct all Business Intelligence viewership through a centralized view and/or assisting in data transfer protocols and data processing.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Designs, codes, and tests new, enterprise-wide applications
- Assists in the support of existing applications
- Writes high-quality code compliant with enterprise and industry regulations
- Collaborates with business analysts and product owners to ensure understanding of business requirements
- Analyzes and improves the efficiency of various systems and services
- Creates and executes required test scenarios/plans to ensure complete testing on all new and changed components
- Data Exploration and Preparation: Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various data
What you need to succeed:
- Experience using an object-oriented language (Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Basic conceptual understanding of RDBMS’s (SQL, etc.)
- Project management skills related to the development and deployment of software applications
- Proven ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on changing requirements and priorities
- Desire to learn Agile software development, specifically Scrum
What will set you apart:
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Ability to use issue tracking system
- Interest in a version control system such as Perforce or GIT
- Conceptual understanding of multiple deployment environments including cloud, on-premises and hybrid, multiple operating systems and through containerization techniques such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Container Service, and others
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Computer Science or Industrial Engineering
- Completion of junior year of college at an accredited university by summer of 2020
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Students looking to continue their education with a Master’s degree in Data science
- Strong interest in automotive industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)