The Uconnect System Requirements Engineer is responsible for creating and documenting architecture, hardware interfaces, schematics, data bus communication, feature behavior and communication requirements related to Uconnect features. In addition, the selected candidate will be required to document system requirements and system interactions for hands free phone features, vehicle system settings, and speech recognition system behaviors. The role will include interaction with the human machine interface and vehicle integration global teams to ensure the feature behavior are documented in the system requirements.
Product Design and Engineering careers at FCA US offer the chance to drive innovation and embrace bold new challenges as a member of the team responsible for revolutionizing the automotive industry. Today, we’re on a new road, with defined goals and renewed energy. You’ll see it in our attention to quality and performance, and in the groundbreaking designs and technologies that create an unparalleled driving experience for our customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- 1 year of experience in automotive or related industry
- Experience with communication networks, network management, and automotive architectures.
- Hands on experience with automotive systems engineering
- 1 year of experience with IBM Rational DOORS
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Experience with FCA specific tools and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with IBM Rational Change
- Experience with IBM Rational Publishing Engine
- Experience with JIRA tools