Date: Sep 6, 2019
Location:Appleton, Wisconsin, USA
Company: Voith Group
About the Voith GroupThe Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, the Voith Group sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 19,000 employees, sales of € 4.2 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith Paper Fabric & Roll Systems, Various department, we are looking for:
Summer InternVarious Locations
Undergraduate Summer Internship ProgramVoith Paper offers internships to college students in a variety of business functions, including operations, engineering, sales, finance, lean manufacturing and more. Interns are given meaningful projects that contribute to Voith Paper’s business. Candidate requirements:
- Enrolled in college or university as a full-time student
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Passion for learning about contributing to our business
- Voith interns are exposed to a general overview of our company, customers, and operations. Interns are placed in locations that have a demonstrated track record of leadership development. The Plant Manager or assigned plant leader serves as the Intern’s Mentor and insures that a fast-paced, challenging learning environment is created.
- Interns will undergo a one-week orientation program designed to give a general overview of the business and the assigned project. During this one week period the intern may also receive customized Lean Manufacturing training and focus on Operational Excellence.
- The second week of the Internship may be spent shadowing successful plant operations and engineering employees. The purpose of this week is to gain an understanding of the unique role our operations and engineering professionals play in the success of our customers business. During this time a Business Enhancement or Lean Project will be assigned to the Intern by the Plant Manager and Operational Excellence Manager.
- During week three through twelve the Intern will divide time executing and completing the Project, as well as continued development of General Skills. The Intern will be given the opportunity to report Project progress and results in a formal presentation to Management towards the end of the twelve week internship.
Get away this summer and acquire real experience with a great paid rate and a living stipend!
Choose from a wide range of positions and locations:
Application EngineeringAppleton, WI
Engineering Operations and Lean ManufacturingAppleton, WI
West Monroe, LA
Field SalesLocation TBD
Finance and Policy WritingAppleton, WI
Product ManagementNeenah, WI
Technology & Optimization (Design)Appleton, WI
Co-ops starting January 2018:Application Engineering
Product EngineeringAppleton, WI
Voith Paper Fabric & Rolls Systems is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Appleton
Nearest Secondary Market: Oshkosh
Location:Appleton, Wisconsin, USA