Bothell, Washington Req #: 1902746
Location: Bothell, Washington, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 1522 217th Pl SE 98021
Shift: 1st Shift_USA
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Juno Therapeutics, a Celgene company, is a clinical-stage company developing novel cellular immunotherapies based on two distinct and complementary platforms – Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) and T Cell Receptors (TCRs) technologies. Our goal is to revolutionize medicine by re-engaging the body’s immune system to treat cancer.Juno Therapeutics is a clinical-stage company developing novel cellular immunotherapies based on two distinct and complementary platforms – Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) and T Cell Receptors (TCRs) technologies. Our goal is to revolutionize medicine by re-engaging the body’s immune system to treat cancer.
Learn more about Celgene's CAR T team and hear what they have to say about the amazing work they’re doing in the world of medicine here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGp_lyopogY&feature=youtu.be
Job SummaryThe primary focus of the role will be supporting cellular therapeutic manufacturing and logistics at the Juno Manufacturing Plant (JuMP). The key deliverables for this role are completing production assignments with a high quality and timely output.
- Performing logisitics operations described in standard operating procedures and batch records (electronic and paper).
- The ability to work well within a team environment with a focus on customer service in support of production activities.
- Completing documentation required by standard operating procedures and batch records.
- Performing tasks in a manner consistent with the safety policies, quality systems, and cGMP requirements.
- Completing training assignments to ensure the necessary technical skills and knowledge.
- Executing daily support operations including but not limited to materials kitting, cycle counts, materials stocking, materials movement and delivery, cryopreservation activities, general lab duties, logbook maintenance, equipment maintenance activities and electronic record execution and review.
- Associates degree or 1 year of relevant experience required
- > 6 months of experience in a regulated or GxP environment.
- Experience in the following preferred:
- Good documentation practices.
- Must have the ability to work assigned shift (Day, Night, Weekends and/or Holidays).
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other clean room garments daily. This may include, but not limited to: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, full body gowns, hairnets, gloves, and hearing protection.
- Must be able to work in a cleanroom environment and perform aseptic processing; maintain manufacturing environmental conditions (Non-Viable Particulate(s) and Viable microbial levels per controlled area classification specifications) by performing area disinfection regiment as required to meet global Health Authority requirements.
- Must be comfortable in a clean room environment, which is an enclosed, restricted space, with assigned pressure and temperature conditions. Reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents are expected.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Must be comfortable being exposed to human blood components.
- Must be able to be in close proximity to strong magnets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend; stretch; use hands and fingers, with various manipulations; reach with hands and arms; and effectively communicate with others in the workplace, including the ability to make and promptly respond to audible cues and warnings. During higher times of processing these activities may increase.
- Stand and Walk - Required to stand/walk while operating manufacturing/computer equipment for several hours at a time, throughout the day.
- Carrying weight, Pushing, Pulling Lifting - Required to carry, lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds several times a day while handling production equipment and/or materials.
- Climb - Required to climb (use of stepladders in production areas, or stairwells) several times a day.
- Bend and Kneel - Required to bend or kneel several times a day.
- Overhead work - Required to perform overhead reaching during handling of production materials/files/supplies up to 25 pounds several times a day, throughout the day.
- Moving Head and Neck – Required movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials several times a day, throughout the day.
- Twisting - Required movement of twisting waist while setting up equipment several times a day, throughout the day.
- Repetitive Use - Required repetitive use of arms/wrists/hands while setting up equipment and processing several times a day, throughout the day.
About UsCOMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.