Seattle, Washington Req #: 1902918
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Category: Administrative Support
Work Location: 400 Dexter Ave N. 98109
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Juno Therapeutics, a Celgene company, is a clinical-stage company developing novel cellular immunotherapies based on two distinct and complementary platforms – Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) and T Cell Receptors (TCRs) technologies. Our goal is to revolutionize medicine by re-engaging the body’s immune system to treat cancer.Juno Therapeutics is a clinical-stage company developing novel cellular immunotherapies based on two distinct and complementary platforms – Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs) and T Cell Receptors (TCRs) technologies. Our goal is to revolutionize medicine by re-engaging the body’s immune system to treat cancer.
Learn more about Celgene's CAR T team and hear what they have to say about the amazing work they’re doing in the world of medicine here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGp_lyopogY&feature=youtu.be
Summary:The two primary focuses of this role will be to provide administrative support to members of the Juno Legal Team and to provide support to the Legal Team on CAR T strategic projects, including contracting. This role reports to the Executive Director, Head CAR T Legal.
Our ideal candidate is proficient in all aspects of corporate administration, and has experience in, or an interest to learn and understand, legal matters including contracting. You have excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills, a focus on supporting people, superior attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple projects and adhere to deadlines. A great aptitude for applying judgement, decision-making and organizational skills in a proactive manner will be part of the daily process.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing active calendars of appointments; completing expense reports; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Coordinates team events and meetings
- Keeps track of multiple requests from multiple stakeholders, with an ability to prioritize and communicate to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Provides support to legal team on a variety of contract-related tasks, including performing document comparisons, retrieving and/or filing contracts from archives, creating cover letter templates, formatting documents for finalization, assisting with retrieval of contract signatures, and assisting with the generation of contracting playbooks.
- Provides support and guidance to business with regard to contracting process
- Interfaces with contracting teams within the business for reviews, processing and archiving
- Provides support to legal team on strategic CAR T projects, including creation of presentations and trainings
- Attends staff and team meetings and assists in administrative management of the meetings, including arranging and establishing video conference connections, support in preparing agendas, and generation of meeting summaries as required
- Demonstrates and inspires confidence and trust of others. Maintains the highest standards of integrity. Shows consistency between words and actions. Presents the facts fairly and openly without bias. Seeks feedback and adapts behavior in response to feedback. Pursues opportunities to develop oneself. Demonstrates awareness of own strengths and weaknesses.
- Bachelors degree with at least 4 years of relevant work experience required.
- Extensive experience in providing administrative support
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in legal matters preferred; interest in learning and understanding legal matters required
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills (oral and written)
- A strong work ethic to generate high quality work under deadlines
- Must have a can-do attitude, and be resourceful and proactive
- Ability to anticipate legal team needs and proactively address
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs and handle matters expeditiously and proactively, ensuring successful and timely completion of assigned projects, often with deadline pressures
- Experience working within the biotechnology or life sciences sector preferred
About UsCOMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.