Washington, District of Columbia; Summit, New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Req #: 1902924
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Job Category: Clinical Development
Work Location: 601 Pennsylvania Ave 20004
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Summit, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Come join Celgene's Medical Science Liaison organization! As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL), you will be part of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the US Medical Affairs organization. MSLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. MSLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Celgene and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established personal and scientific credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position may involve travel of more than 50%. Candidates must live within the territory (Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, Southern New Jersey, Delaware, Washington D.C.).
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and establish and maintain scientific relationships with KOLs; connect KOLs in academic and community centers.
- Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
- Collaborate across multiple functions and within a region(s) to maximize territory opportunities
- Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research
- Collaborate with the Medical Affairs and Clinical organization to enhance patient enrollment in Celgene-sponsored clinical trials with site recommendations and maintaining contact with investigators participating in ongoing studies
- Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, and healthcare provider settings in both group and one-on-one situations
- Provide scientific and clinical support about Company products to formulary committees or payors in collaboration with Market Access
- Provide scientific support at medical congresses
- Provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific data and opportunities to internal teams and stakeholders
- Ability to travel over a broad geography is required.
- This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
- Must live within the territory (Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, Southern New Jersey, Delaware, Washington D.C.)
- BS degree in scientific and/or medical discipline required
- 3+ years clinical or research experience in hematology or similar specialized therapeutic area
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional networks
- Current working knowledge of US legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health-care professionals
- Ability to partner and maintain relationships within the medical community
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
- The position may involve travel of more than 50%.
- Prior field experience as Medical Science Liaison (MSL) or similar role strongly preferred
- MD, DO, PharmD, MSN or PhD strongly preferred
About UsCOMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.