General Accountant Hungary - 1 year contractBecome a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Finance, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers. Description
Tasks and responsibilitiesNike is looking for an experienced accountant for our Nike Hungary entities, responsible for leading the accounting activities and executing all aspects of Financial Accounting, Reporting and Compliance.
Located in our office in Vienna, you will be part of the world’s leading sports brand, work in a first class environment and have an exciting career opportunity ahead within the company.
- Manages and monitors the complete month end accounting close process from journal entry through to preparation of monthly financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, (including balance sheet reconciliations, close tasks, month-end checks and related bookings).
- Ensures appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place
- Monitors all key financial reconciliations and ensures compliance with the appropriate local and Company policies
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies, procedures and systems to ensure company policies are implemented, transactions are appropriately accounted for and reports and prepared and analyzed in a timely manner
- Analyses financial records and reports to ensure they are in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for management accounts and local Accounting Standards for statutory purposes
- Manages the preparation of our external statutory accounts and the subsequent external audit process, including leading the coordination with our external auditors.
- Manages any Internal Audit and SOX compliance work with our Global counterparts
- Ensures tax compliance for the company to corporate income tax (CIT), VAT and payroll taxes and interface with relevant tax experts in our European HQ and external 3rd parties. Includes ensuring accurate and appropriate tax treatment in all areas, timely tax returns and submissions, as partnering with our external tax advisors.
- Reports to the Accounting Manager for Austria and Hungary, in close collaboration with the Finance Director. The candidate will remotely cooperate with our external resources located in Romania that undertook some transactional finance work. The role requires continued project management of this external relationship and process optimization.
- Identify efficiencies and action plans for improving processes, integrating activities, optimizing department resources with a focus on value added activity, and actively participate in roll-out of new tools, policies, or processes.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reporting as requested from the European HQ or World HQ or ad hoc analysis from Finance Director.
- Act as a business partner / advisor to support other functions as they engage in projects where controlling expertise is required.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Finance and Accounting
- At least 3 years of working experience in accounting,
- Knowledge of Hungarian tax and local statutory requirements
- Fluency in English and Hungarian, written and verbal
- Good MS Office and financial system knowledge, SAP is highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong intellect, results-orientated with a personal impact and a sense of urgency
- Professional Finance qualification, preferably CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA is a plus
- Fluency in German is a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00445645 Finance, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary