In this role, you have the opportunity toAs a Technical Support Engineer you will contribute to the best in class service we are proud to provide to our customers at Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices. You will interact directly with our customers, and facilitate the successful onsite service of our customer's devices.
You are responsible for
- Documenting customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Troubleshooting problems with malfunctioning electro/mechanical equipment or software applications and recommending corrective action.
- Responding to customer product inquiries, answering technical questions, and analyzing problems via telephone or in written internet-based email.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with persons to develop technical product knowledge and expertise which are critical to responding to daily customer-centric activities.
- Use product knowledge and technical expertise to make independent judgments within established guidelines, procedures and policies to determine an action plan for resolving customer issues.
You are a part ofOur team with IGT Devices, Customer Services Remote Support and will support products at customer sites in North America, and sits in Colorado Springs, CO or is home based.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 2 year/ Associates Degree in computer, electronic or mechanical technology, medical technology, engineering or technical equivalent, or equivalent training and/or experience in electronics or a related technical field. Prefer 4 year technical degree or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Desired training in one of the following: biomedical, networking, electrical engineering, or computer science
- The following certifications are a plus: A+, Net+ Prior experience servicing Patient Monitoring and Ultrasound Systems
- HL7 and Dicom troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot and think logically about solutions
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in field service or a technical call center including troubleshooting experience.
- Solid understanding of technical components including equipment, concepts and procedures. Knowledge of computer hardware a plus. Experience in the medical device field preferred.
- You will be very comfortable customer facing on the phone, and possess the ability to communicate clearly in written formats.
- Must speak English clearly. Spanish, Portuguese, or French are a plus, but not required.
- You will be someone who takes creative approaches to challenging situations, and possess the ability to coach people of every level of technical literacy to a successful outcome.
- You must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a timely fashion, with minimum supervision and efficient follow-up.
- You will have a demonstrated ability to understand technical information related to complex devices with strong attention to detail, quality, and GDP practices.
In return, we offer youPhilips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day, and in this role you will have the opportunity to directly interact with customers and those who work hands on to deliver patient care. We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips’ achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Call to Action / ContactFind out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
#LI-PH1 United States of America - Home ...