United Kingdom, OXON, Oxford United Kingdom, OXON, Oxford
Imagine New Horizons…IF WE show the dream is possible, WE can inspire people to create it.
At the forefront of electromagnetic design, Opera provides effective a finite element software suite for the design and optimization of electromagnetic devices in two or three space dimensions.
The challenges aheadReporting to the Business Development Manager of the Opera Software group, the Sales Engineer will be accountable for meeting or exceeding sales targets, in line with business growth objectives.
A key member of the sales team, this person’s primary objectives will be:
- To identify market opportunities for the software product ranges.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with prospects, customers and distributors in the UK and Europe in order to maximise new business, upgrade and repeat business opportunities.
- To identify sales prospects, discuss their applications in depth, work with the applications engineering team to demonstrate effectiveness of the software to solve their problems, and negotiate and confirmed orders.
What will your role be?
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Opera finite element simulation software suite and service offerings, technical capabilities, operations and staff.
- Discuss and agree sales plans and targets with the Business Development Manager.
- Be able to demonstrate the use of the software to prospective customers and maintain a basic knowledge of the application areas in which the software is used.
- Initiate, develop and maintain sustainable business relationships with prospects, clients and partner organisations.
- Build a prospect pipeline of organisations that is open to procuring the Opera simulation software.
- Identify and pursue specific sales opportunities, discuss customer applications, work with the applications engineering team to carry out calculations and build models to demonstrate that the software is capable of delivering the right solutions.
- Work closely with other members of the Opera team to develop winning proposals, ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Lead presentations and negotiate and close deals, with margins that meet or exceed business plan objectives.
- Develop account management strategies to optimise future revenue from the software group’s client portfolio.
- Think strategically about client needs, to help unlock deeper issues faced by clients and opportunities to extend the value offering, and to feed market requirements to the Business Development Manager.
- Represent the Company at conferences and exhibitions as required.
- Support the marketing effort by contributing to the creation of marketing collaterals, such as application notes, webinars and blog posts.
- Demonstrable track record in a related technical sales role.
- This person will be qualified to Degree level (minimum 2:2) or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline (Electrical Engineering or Physics), and have a good understanding of the design of devices or systems that use FEA design software.
- The following competences and personal qualities are important:
- Professional image and stature, with strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to get in front of and influence decision makers in customer organisations, present credibly and build and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels
- Proactive, flexible style; team player
- Disciplined, well organised, good time management skills
- A "doer" who will deliver; business aggressive, ambitious and self-motivated, with high levels of enthusiasm, drive and energy
- This post will be based in Kidlington, Oxfordshire but this person will be required to be mobile and travel as required (short duration trips only).