NERA Internship - Competition EconomicsLocation: Paris, France
Company: Oliver Wyman Job ID PAR0006I-enApplySave Job
We are currently seeking detail-oriented and driven Masters students for internships (full time) to support our European Competition Practice based in Paris.
NERA Economic Consulting is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For over half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony and policy recommendations for regulatory authorities, governments and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. NERA serves clients from over 25 offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Our competition economics work consists of economic analysis in the context of the investigation by competition authorities of alleged competition law infringements such as cartels and abuse of dominance, possible damages claims arising from the infringement and the regulatory review of mergers and acquisitions. As a member of NERA’s European Competition Practice, you will support us on French, other national, EU and, together with our colleagues around the world, international cases. For example, conducting empirical analysis to determine whether the economic evidence is consistent with an infringement allegation, quantifying the damages caused by a cartel, and advising clients throughout a merger review process.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Conducting literature and data research;
- Management and cleaning of data;
- Data analysis and interpretation of results;
- Active participation in drafting reports, memoranda, presentations and other work products; and
- Support of the office administration.
- Masters student in economics, management science, statistics/econometrics or a closely related field;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Familiarity with data analysis software, such as Stata;
- Programming skills (for example in VBA or Mathematica) are a plus;
- Specialisation in microeconomics, industrial organization, econometrics and/or competition economics would be an advantage;
- Excellent French and English oral and written communication skills; and
- Medium to long-term commitment (minimum 6 month; under special circumstances, internships of less than 6 months are possible).
Upon completion of the studies and based on performance, transition to a permanent position is envisaged.
For more information about NERA please visit our website (www.nera.com). For more information about careers with NERA, please visit www.nera.com/careers.
If you have any questions regarding job opportunities with NERA Economic Consulting, please contact the recruitment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please make an online application and submit your CV and cover letter directly to this posting. ApplyApply Later