- Analyzing alerts and investigating customers who match with SDN, PEPS and Negative Media list during the account opening and maintenance processes
- Conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiry with business or Compliance contacts within the organization.
- Conducting enhanced due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures
- Reporting unusual client activities which might relate to sanctioned individuals, money laundering or terrorist financing
- Conduct alert investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements
- Operating within agreed business SLAs and confidentiality standards
- Applying or adapting knowledge (obtained from training) of any imposed sanctions(s) or other laws/regulation(s) to the task at hand
- Building and applying knowledge of sanctions and anti-money laundering processes
Required: Computer Literate - Proficient in Windows applications (Word, Excel, etc)
Required: Proficient in Internet & commercial database searches
Required: Strong written communication skills
Required: Strong oral communication skills
Preferred: Some experience in banking operations or compliance
- Degree in Banking / Finance / Business with 3-4 years banking experience will be considered.
Demonstrated ability to perform detailed analysis of raw data based on policy and work instructions