Job Description - Commissioning Intern (Summer 2019) (BIA0004EI)
Commissioning Intern (Summer 2019)-(BIA0004EI)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
Reporting to a Lead Commissioning Specialist or a Commissioning Manager, selected individual will provide team support as directed.Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Perform routine aspects of commissioning tasks requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision.
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform commissioning and engineering tasks.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Assisting in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations .
- Providing support to Engineering staff members as needed.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their junior year within an engineering curriculum
- GPA 3.0 or higher required
- Previous design internship experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit or Bently V8i would be preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
#univ Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Virginia-Arlington
Job Posting:Jan 14, 2019, 5:27:47 PM