Job Description - VTC Scheduler/Technician (ATE0001M2)
Description USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
VTC Schedulers/Technicians require excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as thorough knowledge of VTC hardware, software and network connections. VTC Schedulers/Technicians must have expertise in scheduling VTC sessions in VTC bridges, as well as hands-on experience with debugging the interoperation of VTC bridges and end points.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining VTC endpoints
- Installing and configuring VTC applications, system software and upgrades
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues
- Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines
4 years of supporting and Troubleshooting VTCs in Government Environment
4 years of troubleshooting and fixing VTC hardware and software
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required certifications
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Position will require night and weekend work.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines:
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
- On-call and after hours’ support may be required.
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions:
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Florida-Hurlburt Field
Travel:Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting:Feb 6, 2019, 11:08:01 PM