Job Description - Civil EIT (BIA0004EC)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Civil EIT will assist Transportation Engineers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. The Civil EIT will work on a variety of projects pertaining to traffic engineering and analysis.
- Performs civil design calculations for a variety of projects, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- Reviews design and analysis work supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers then recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- May attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- At least one previous summer design internship on transportation projects is preferred
- EIT certificate is preferred
- One previous summer internship experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD is preferred
- Experience in Synchro or Vissim preferred
#BIA Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Texas-San Antonio
Job Posting:Jan 11, 2019, 6:12:38 PM