Company OverviewTell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Why work for TD?TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our over 87,000 colleagues world-wide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from any other organization. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 24 million customers. We’re an award-winning organization that reinvests constantly to ensure future growth.
We’re recognized as an extraordinary place to work that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued. TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches, with many exciting and challenging career opportunities in our five key businesses:
- Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada
- Wealth and Insurance including TD Waterhouse, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance
- Wholesale Banking including TD Securities
- U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking including TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank and TD Auto Finance U.S.
- Corporate Office including Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Corporate & Public Affairs, Economics, Corporate/ Physical Security, Legal/ Compliance/Ombudsman Office and Risk Management
Who We Are?Human Resources is a strategic corporate function within TD, with 1,500 colleagues in offices in Canada, United States, UK and Singapore. We provide a legendary and inclusive workplace that enables our teams to contribute at their fullest potential and optimize group performance. As a global team, we are proud of our ability to drive a positive employee experience. We continuously invest in our people and evolve HR capabilities to become a world class function impacting organizational performance.
The HR team at TD focuses on “Building a Place Where Great People Thrive” by encouraging innovative thought and creativity in order to bring our HR practices into the future. We partner with our businesses to understand their needs and create people strategies and solutions to support our business goals. We are highly regarded as a catalyst for high performance which means we challenge the status quo and present a point of view to lead us to efficient and effective outcomes, coach leaders to develop their capabilities to deliver productive collaboration, sound decision-making and engagement.
Job DescriptionThis Summer HR Associate Program will provide you with the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in several HR areas, enabling you to build on your consulting, talent management and analytical skills, as well as build business insight, while developing your leadership capabilities. During your 4 months as an HR Summer Associate, you may have the opportunity to be considered for an interview for the full-time HR Associate Rotational Program.
We have multiple openings in several of our HR teams looking for summer co-ops and interns to commence May 6, 2019. Participating job functions include but are not limited to;
- Talent Acquisition
- Total Rewards
- Employee Relations
- HR Shared Services
- Learning & Development
- Organization Effectiveness
- Talent Management
- Diversity & Inclusion
- HR Business Partner team
- Strong understanding of HR Management Practices
- Strong relationship management skills
- Well-organized, and can prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Ability to be effective in both a team and independent working environment
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Critical thinking with an ability to see the “big picture” in a complex matrixed environment
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn and make an impact
- Problem solving and analytical capability
- Adaptable with the ability to quickly adjust to a changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, advanced knowledge of MS Excel
Education:Enrollment in a Post-graduate certificate or Graduate program in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations or Organizational Behaviour.
Additional InformationPlease ensure your application includes:
- Resume (maximum 2 pages)
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial university transcript
This position is a 4-month work term and will commence May 6, 2019
Hours: Monday-Friday, standard business hours
We welcome all applications, however we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview.