Fall 2019 Intern, UX
Canonsburg, PA or Evanston, IL
SUMMARYANSYS empowers the world's most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Thus, through our enriching internship program, we help develop the next-generation of engineers and technologists.
As an UX Intern, you will join a dynamic user experience team dedicated to building a premier user interface for ANSYS Inc's products. This internship is a 40-hour per week paid position starting August 2019 and concludes December 2019.
- Assist in preparing low and medium fidelity UI designs and/or prototypes using design documents, acceptance criteria, and other sources.
- Assist with creation of high fidelity visual designs and/or visual assets (e.g. icons).
- Assist with formulating, conducting, and analyzing results of usability studies.
- Assist in the creation and validation of personas and user scenarios based on user research to communicate user needs and goals.
- Understand user needs and business goals when generating new ideas and concepts.
- Informally present design work to stakeholders, within and outside of UX team, as part of rapid iterative design process.
- University student pursuing a degree in UX, Industrial design, Human Factors engineering or any other design related fields with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Ability to support UX team efforts to communicate business requirements into relevant designs.
- Basic understanding of the user centered design process along with experience with user research, UI design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- A desire and background in understanding project needs and translating them into wireframes and/or prototypes to demonstrate concepts to stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience or good working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience conducting UI and Interaction Design for products/applications using AR and/or VR.
- Experience creating prototypes (of any fidelity) exploring AR and VR.
CULTURE AND VALUESCulture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Did you know? You can download our software for free by visiting:
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.