Job Description - NOC Technician Tier 1 - Clearance Sponsorship (ATE0001L0)
NOC Technician Tier 1 - Clearance Sponsorship-(ATE0001L0)
Description “Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation’s most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.”
Jacobs is seeking a Network Operations Center Tier I Technician for a contingent position in the Northern ,VA area. Position is contingent upon the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Polygraph clearance. Duties include:
- Provides surveillance and IP network operations troubleshooting. They identify, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents in multiple and complex local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communication systems
- Acts as information distributors and customer representatives. They operate, maintain, and manage telecommunications facilities
- Provide project management and systems integration for voice and data communication systems; supervise installation of these systems; and, provide maintenance and support to customers after installation.
- Specializations include data communications, TCP-IP networks, Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), COMSEC/TEMPEST, facsimile, cable-to-modem communication, RF (including satellite) communication capabilities, and repair to least replaceable.
- Must have ability to obtain a TS SCI with Polygraph
- Two (2) years of college in a computer field and four (4) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education or experience for a total of six (6) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for one (1) year of education or experience requirements
- Desired Certifications: Network+ Certification
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
#cjpost Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Virginia-Reston
Job Posting:Jan 10, 2019, 7:00:17 PM