ARE YOU OUR NEW SHIP AGENT IN STOCKHOLM FOR THE SUMMER 2019?
We are looking for shipping enthusiasts to join our office in Stockholm for a period of up to 6 months, during our busy cruise ship season. The business environment is hands-on and involves a daily contact with customers, suppliers, national authorities and other business partners. You will have the opportunity to develop a broad shipping knowledge by being part of a shipping company with many different business activities, but with a main focus on cruise ships.
The operational areas of responsibility vary and are related to coordination and handling of ship calls. This includes being onboard the ships, at the pier and in the office. Interaction with suppliers and serving customers, as well as administrative tasks are therefore the most important aspects of the job. As our cruise ships can be in the port longer than normal working hours, every day of the week; working outside normal business hours is to be expected.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to act independently both when dealing with operational and administrative tasks
- Pro-activeness, efficiency and desire to take on responsibility
- Solution-oriented and service-minded attitude
- Communication with a diverse group of people
- Remain dedicated and walk the extra mile for the business in hectic times
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken, is a prerequisite
- Required to have a valid driving license (category B)
- Must have the right to live and work in the EU
- An exciting and challenging summer in an international environment
- A highly professional work environment with possibilities to meet people from all over the world
- No two days alike with a large variation of tasks and responsibilities
- An opportunity to experience the shipping industry
- Possibilities to travel for work purposes
Expected start date:
01st April 2019 or as per mutual agreement
To apply, please send CV and application via the "apply now" button.
For further information please contact Louise Landler at email@example.com or +46 8 662 33 50
SDK Cruise is a part of the SDK Group, one of Scandinavia´s leading shipping and logistics companies with own offices in the Nordic countries. The activities include stevedoring, warehousing, agency, customs clearing, commercial chartering, liner service, cruise and freight forwarding. SDK Group is a part of A/S United Shipping and Trading Company Ltd., a group which besides shipping is involved in bunker trading and tanker shipping. For further information about A/S United Shipping and Trading Company please visit www.ustc.dk.