Ever felt that courses at university often teach content that are of little use in work life? Well, NIRA can prove you wrong. In fact, many technical courses - such as Digital Signal Processing, Sensor Fusion or Vehicle Dynamics - have an explicit connection with the day-today development here at NIRA.
Each year we run NIRA Engineering Summer Internship with the purpose of finding talents for different parts of our expanding organization. The internship is designed to give you an understanding of our core business and to start building a network within our organization.
You will get the opportunity to experience real life engineering work that cover a broad range of interesting challenges to tackle and you will quickly be able to apply your knowledge to real-world applications. From developing onboard systems used by world-leading car manufactures to working offboard, cloud-based innovations for autonomous cars.
This is some of the areas you get the opportunity to work with:
- Tire Pressure Indicator (TPI) Simulation: test case generation based on a vehicle dynamics simulation model to enhance testing of certain features that is too costly to handle by traditional data collection.
- TPI: machine learning techniques for TPI.
- Tire Grip Indicator (TGI): Tire grip test case database enhancement.
- Cloud: visualization and aggregation of vehicle data using cloud technology.
- Tool development (Matlab): development of automatic test tool: analysis and management of collected test data, visualization of product properties, module testing, etc.
- Software development (C#): improvements of existing high-level software (GUI, etc.) in C#.
- Software development: improved connections between software tools in a web environment.
- Build environment: development of build and test systems in a python/C++/Jenkins environment.
You will spend the summer working with some of the best engineers in the industry. You will be given a mentor. You will learn and you will thrive!
During the last years, the majority of our summer internships has chosen to do their master thesis within our organisation. And this is just the beginning..your career within the mobility and automotive industry is ahead!
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- BSc or MSc engineering student within Applied Physics, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering.
- You are curious about new technology and a strong problem solver and have a strong academic record
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be creative and curious
- "A true doer instinct" with the ability to take ideas all the way from thoughts to actions, without any frills.
- You are a true team player with great communication skills. Listen, ask for help, give feedback and interact with the team’s best in mind.
Looking forward to your application! Please specify which areas of work mentioned above that interest you most. Don't forget to include personal letter, CV and course listing with grades. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.