Job Description - Marketing Intern (002L8)
Are you looking to make a big impact on a creative team? A.T. Kearney’s Marketing team is looking for a full-time marketing intern to support our team’s events, communication and research projects. This role reports to a marketing manager. To succeed in this role, you will need to have a solid understanding of event set up and execution, effective client communications, email marketing, and social media tactics. You will need to be inventive, clever, and open to sharing prolific ideas. Attention to detail and consistency is a must. This role will also require you to be on top of marketing and content trends and willing to proactively suggest new strategies. Branding and creative writing skills are also a plus. This is a 6-month position with opportunity for extension and is based in Chicago.
- Assist with marketing events including planning, tracking RSVPs, promotional and, printed materials, shipping, etc.
- Assist with mailings and marketing list maintenance from the CRM database and email system including updating contacts, generating RSVP and marketing lists reports, and populating email templates.
- Conduct market research including competitor research, social media topic research, speaking opportunities, publications, etc.
- Track media/PR placements and provide comprehensive and cyclical reporting to the team
- Provide general administrative support to the Marketing team. Marketing support will include proofreading, organizing meetings, scheduling conference calls, and processing mail.
- Recent graduate from a Bachelor’s Degree program focused in Business/Marketing/Communications with a minimum overall GPA of 3.2
- Experience in/understanding of digital marketing, ideally in a B2B or professional services environment
- Ability to conduct research and synthesize the findings for distribution
- Ability to think strategically and apply given strategy and/or common business knowledge to recommendations and rationale
- Ability to execute with thought and attention to detail, with managerial direction (versus dictation)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel), major social media, and online marketing campaign tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels and collaboratively in team environments across multiple functions
- Experience with web analytics platforms like Google Analytics
- Understanding of social listening tools (e.g. Cision) a plus
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by an incumbent of this position. Employees may be requested from time to time to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non Discrimination
A.T. Kearney has long recognized the value that diversity brings to our business and the clients we serve. Our goal is to create a climate of opportunity, innovation, and success within A.T. Kearney that capitalizes on the professional and personal diversity of our workforce. For these reasons, we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or genetic information consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices.
Primary LocationAmericas-United States-Chicago