Begin an amazing career with a bright future. At British American Tobacco, we place you in an environment that cultivates learning, collaboration, and well-being in an industry that’s transforming at a rapid pace. An extraordinary confluence of technology, societal change and public health awareness has created a unique opportunity: the opportunity to make a substantial leap forward in our long-held ambition to provide our consumers with potentially risk reduced products. You will help deliver our strategy of shifting the business from a traditional tobacco company to a provider of next-generation nicotine products. Your knowledge and passion are what matters because that’s what will shape our future.
The only question is: are you up for the challenge?
Our Global Graduate Program
The Global Graduate Program is our 2-year international development program that combines a real job from day one with structured development through an on-going focus on learning and training. You’ll meet up with fellow Graduates and senior managers during the two-week Global Graduate Academy in the heart of the English countryside and at international training.
You’ll be given responsibility and your own projects from the beginning, allowing you to develop your career with support at every stage of the process, including on-going feedback and coaching. It will give you a chance to make an impact on our business and, ultimately, set you up for a successful career ahead.
You’ll join our Nordic Marketing team and through 4 rotations, including an international assignment, you’ll discover how our various departments work and learn about the role you will play. Your Program will include rotations in Branding, Trade Marketing and Strategic Planning & Insights. You’ll gain fantastic insights into the business: from our factory operations to the products we sell, the markets we operate in, the organizations we compete with and, most important of all, our consumers.
As a Global Graduate, you build the experience and develop the skills it takes to become a future leader, project manager or even to fill a role that may not exist today in our constantly evolving company.
We offer you:
- 3 rotations in marketing; including brand, trade and strategic planning & insights
- 1 international assignment
- unparalleled development opportunities through a varied training program to develop your leadership and commercial skills
- to become part of a global network of Graduates
- Cross-functional project management
- A dedicated coach and mentor to support and guide you
- A position reflecting your passion and competencies
The position is based in our Nordic head office in Copenhagen right next to Vesterport Station.
As the ideal candidate you:
- have a Master’s Degree within Marketing or business from 2018 or 2019
- have a deep interest in business management and the FMCG industry,
- have gained hands-on working experience during your studies
- are ambitious and motivated by achieving results
- are innovative and curious
- combine an analytical mindset and a creative problem-solving approach
- take ownership in projects and you are equally motivated by working independently and in teams.
- are a great communicator, and fluent in English and one of the Nordic languages (Danish, Swedish, Dutch or Norwegian)
- hold a valid work permit and drivers’ license
This combined with flexibility and resilience in a constantly changing business environment is what it takes to become successful at BAT.
Application deadline is February 10 and the Assessment Centre will take place in Copenhagen on March 5 and 6. Apply via the "Apply now" button.
The starting date is flexible and between April and September 2019. If you have any questions, please contact our talent team at NEAtalent@bat.com
Your next step is to get your application underway and show us what you’re made of!
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries. We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange. Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.