Job Description - Lab Planning – Design Architecture (BIA0003W4)
Lab Planning – Design Architecture-(BIA0003W4)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Position Summary Reporting directly to the Project Manager or Lab Planning Director, this role, is responsible for programming, planning and detailed design, and administers Lab fit up projects for clients, applying knowledge of lab planning, architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Prepare client project presentations studies, and reports.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- Prepare drawings and coordinate specification documents for the Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development and Construction Documents Phase of a project while conforming to budgets and schedules.
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents.
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the project.
- Experience managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- 5 years' minimum related experience is required.
- BA or BS in Architecture is required.
- Demonstrated program experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office is required.
- Familiarity with building code and lab code requirements is required.
- Strong organizational, communications (both verbal and written) skills, and leadership abilities are required.
- Architecture registration in the U.S. is preferred.
- Participation in professional organizations is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job Posting:Dec 5, 2018, 5:26:18 PM