Summer 2019 Intern, Electronics Software Testing – Undergraduate, Masters or PhD
Canonsburg, PA; Boulder, CO; Concord, MA; Champaign, IL; Chicago, IL; Evanston, IL; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Austin, TX
SUMMARYANSYS empowers the world's most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Thus, through our enriching internship program, we help develop the next-generation of engineers and technologists.
As an Electronics Software Testing Intern, you will join a product engineering team responsible for testing and quality assurance of simulation products for electromagnetics and circuits. You will work on core products and services critical to ANSYS' face-paced business growth.
This is a 40-hour per week paid position, starting May 2019 and concluding August 2019.
- Conduct interactive and automated testing of user interfaces and simulation results.
- Create scripts and tools to automate testing infrastructure, processes and tools.
- Learn and employ best practices for quality assurance.
- Pursuing BS or MS in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, computational electromagnetics, numerical methods, circuit simulation or device modeling.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Knowledge and interest in software testing methodologies and/or EDA tools.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Unix Shell scripting or VBScript.
- Sharp and tenacious with excellent problem-solving skills.
CULTURE AND VALUESCulture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Did you know? You can download our software for free by visiting:
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.