SUMMARYThe Consulting Engineer II is responsible for leveraging expert-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products
- Credibly and professionally execute consulting projects that are sold , as defined in Statement of Work, resulting in high customer satisfaction and delivering value to our customers.
- Actively engage with the sales teams and customers to identify opportunities to provide consulting services to enhance the utilization of simulation in product development.
- Work as an integral member of the Sales and ACE teams to progress and secure the consulting business. This will involve working with Sales to develop sales strategies, engaging with customers to understand their existing product development process, developing a vision for enhancing their existing process with ANSYS products and services, articulating that vision to the customer, and working with the ACE team to develop a plan for execution of that vision.
- Work closely with the ACE team to ensure timely development of effective Statements of Work and Services Proposals. Monitor the execution and delivery of consulting projects to ensure customer satisfaction and develop opportunities for follow-up projects that advance the vision for improving the customer product development process.
- Look for opportunities to generate marketing collateral from projects such as success stories, testimonials and presentation material.
- Collaborate with Product Development to improve ANSYS software products and the customers’ experience using these products.
- BS in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a role as a Technical Services Engineer at ANSYS or in a similar organization’s customer support, consulting services or related customer-facing activities
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in use of relevant ANSYS software or other commercial software
- Demonstrated problem solving skill
- Thorough understanding of the Product Development process
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customer
- Experience in use and industrial application of relevant ANSYS software (ANSYS Maxwell®, ANSYS Simplorer® or ANSYS Q3D) or other commercial software for Low Frequency Electromagnetics
- Experience in the design of electric machines (motors and generators) or transformers or power electronic or induction heating systems is critical, magnetic materials, numerical simulation of low-frequency electromagnetic systems, electromagnetic compatibility/interference (EMC/EMI) is of benefit for the Electromagnetic position
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customers
- Experience in the use of CAD software is a plus
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Available for travel (up to 50%)
- Skills in Multiphysics and modern programming and scripting languages (like Python) are of benefit
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent German & English (additional languages like Italian, French or Spanish are of benefit)
CULTURE AND VALUESCulture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.